For foreign entrepreneurs who want to start and operate a new business in Singapore
Eligibility for EntrePass
- EntrePass is open to all nationalities who are willing to relocate to Singapore to operate the business.
- You should have registered (or intend to register) a private limited company with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) that is less than 6 months old on the date of your EntrePass application.
- You must own at least 30% of the shares in the company.
You and your company should also meet any of the following innovative criteria for application as an Entrepreneur, Innovator or Investor. You do not need to meet all of the criteria for each respective profile or type, but having more qualifications would help your application.
- Your company raised funding of at least $100,000 from a government investment vehicle, venture capitalist (VC) or business angel that is recognised by a Singapore Government agency.
- Your company is an existing incubatee at an incubator or accelerator in Singapore that is recognised by the Government.
- You have significant business experience or network and promising entrepreneurial track record of starting highly-scalable businesses and want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Singapore.
- You or your company holds an intellectual property (IP) that delivers a significant competitive advantage to your business.
- Your company has an ongoing research collaboration with a research institution under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), an Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore.
- You have exceptional technical or domain expertise in an area related to your proposed business.
- You have a good track record of investing in businesses and want to grow new or existing businesses in Singapore.
Passes for Family for EntrePass Holder
You can bring your family to Singapore only after you meet these requirements:
- You have created the minimum number of local jobs.
- You have met the minimum amount of total business spending.
- You have renewed your pass. EntrePass is renewed annually and you cannot bring in dependent on your first application.
Documents required for applying EntrePass
- Your passport.
- Your educational qualification and work experience details.
- A business plan with the information about business idea, product or service offered, market analysis, operation plan, financial projections and management team.
- Company’s latest business profile from ACRA.
- Correspondence address in Singapore.
For more information about the EntrePass scheme, please visit the Singapore Ministry of Manpower website.