Visa and Passes

Types of Employment Passes and Work Permits


Employment Pass Required by foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore. Qualified pass holders need to earn at least $3,300 a month and have acceptable qualifications.
EntrePass Allows eligible foreigners to start and operate a new business in Singapore. An EntrePass allows foreign entrepreneurs and their families to live in Singapore. Entrepass holders can exit and re-enter Singapore at any time.
Personalised Employment Pass This Pass is for high-earning Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals. It is not tied to an employer and offers greater flexibility than an Employment Pass.

Skilled and semi-skilled workers

S Pass Allows mid-level skilled staff to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $2,200 a month and have the relevant qualifications and work experience.
Work Permit for foreign worker Allows semi-skilled foreign workers from approved source countries to work in certain sectors.

Family members

Dependant’s Pass (DP) Allows spouses and children of Employment Pass or S Pass holders to live with them in Singapore.
Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) LTVP is required for the spouse, step-child or handicapped child of an Employment Pass or S Pass holder. Pass holders earning over $10,000 may apply this pass for their parents.
Letter of Consent (LOC) Allows eligible Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)/LTVP+ holders to get employment in Singapore.